CEOP have relase a new video to help parents and carers understand the digital world their kids live in. Check it out here
Here are the Top 5 tips ChildsNet give Parents:
- Ask your children to tell you about whatsites they visit and what they enjoy online.
- How do they stay safe online and what tips do they have for you?
- On the sites they use do they know where to go for help, where to find the saftey advice, privacy settings and how to report or block someone
- Can they show you how to do something better online?
- Think about how as a family you use the internet. Should you change what you are doing?
Childnet – for more useful advice about keeping safe online: http://www.childnet-int.org/